Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Soup's On!"

"Normally, of course," Aunt Josephine said, "'soup's on' is an idiomatic expression that has nothing to so with soup. It simply means that dinner is ready. In this case, however, I've actually made soup."
(The Wide Window by Lemony Snicket, pg. 25)
In this case, I didn't actually make the soup. It would be courtesy of the wonderful people at Bear Creek Country Kitchens. (Creamy Wild Rice to be specific. Add water and boil. Top with bacon bits and cheese. Life is good.) What I did make are the bread bowls. (Recipe HERE) Too bad it isn't a nice, cold, winter evening. We are not going to discuss the toasty weather down here.

3 comments:

  1. I'll probably need the recipe for all the "toasty weather" if we end up in Saranac Lake. Your bread bowls look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'll be trying that one with potato soup next time. Soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the recipe into 6, instead of the 4 that it calls for and it makes them just the right size.

    ReplyDelete