Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Santa Fe Chicken

Here is the next addition to the tried-and-true crock pot recipes that I have received. This time I actually followed the recipe. I was getting all excited about a colorful crock pot meal, until I added the block of cream cheese. This is another one that next time, I think I am going to skip the cream cheese step. Other than the color being less than appealing, I enjoyed scooping up bites of if with tortilla chips.

Santa Fe Chicken

Ingredients:
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
1 cup of salsa
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 block of cream cheese

Combine in Crockpot:
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 cup salsa
 Stir and then add:
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut up into bite-sized pieces is optional)
  1. Cook on low for 3 hours.
  2. Add 1 block of cream cheese and stir.
  3. Cook for one more hour
  4. Serve over rice!  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment