Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Baloo & Gold {part 1}

  Tuesday we had our pack's Blue & Gold Banquet, except we changed it up a little bit. We called ours the Baloo & Gold and went with a jungle theme. It was a lot of fun to put together, but also a lot of work. For the gathering activity, I asked four women in my ward if they would be in charge of some activity booths (seven to be exact). I pulled my ideas for the activity booths from the electives sections of the Wolf and Bear books. So that the boys could keep track of which ones they had completed, I made some passports that they could take around the the different stations and get stamps as they completed projects.
 I printed the covers in two shades of green card stock (because I didn't have enough to do just one color), printed the insides on some parchment like paper, and used a deckle blade on the the edges of the inside papers). I used my 1/8" hole punch and some jute twine to hold them all together.
All total, I think I ended up with 44 of these.
 Please ignore the painted fingers- I might have been spray painting some paper mache coconuts without wearing protective gloves. (They are almost clean half a week and countless scrubbings later)
   I found some jungle animal stamps at Jo-Ann's that were used to stamp the insides.

No comments:

Post a Comment