Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Healthy "Cookies"

I've been trying to eat better. which doesn't always mesh so well with my love of snacking. In order to feel better about my snacking (and not feel like that mile I just ran/jogged/walked went to waste) I made these "cookies". The inspiration came from Pinterest here (that is calling them Breakfast cookies, but I've not made a batch yet that was still around in the morning to be breakfast). I just added to the recipe a little. Most of the things I didn't really measure, like the spices. I just sprinkled them on till they looked and smelled good (more cinnamon, just a bit of nutmeg and cloves, and just a tad of vanilla). I had nuts on hand, so a added those too. (Just for fun, I also sprinkled a little ground flax seed on the mixture, in honor of my father).

2 ripe bananas- mashed
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups oats (mine were regular)
handful of craisins
chopped pecans
cinnamon
nutmeg
cloves
vanilla
ground flax seed

Mix everything up well and drop on cookie sheet (I spread mine out to make some cookie bars) and bake at 350 F for about 35 minutes. Technically, these cookies can be gluten and dairy free, if that is what you are looking for. I just like that they are a cookie I can eat with no guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment