Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

I apologize for disappearing. I have been crazy busy. As in, almost institutionalizable, crazy busy. I was in charge of a Super Saturday crafting event that consumed most of my time, and as soon as that was over I had about a day and a half to throw together the family Halloween costumes before the ward Trunk-or-Treat. Let us just say that I had to let go of my perfectionistic desires and accept that I wasn't going to wear these to Comic Con- just going trick-or-treating.
We tried for a quick family photo. For some reason, those never turn out. Want proof?
Hopefully soon we will get a better one. Until then, there you have it- Luke, Leia, their Mom and Dad, and Yoda. Perhaps next year Monkey won't cross-dress for Halloween:)
Tiger loved his costume. He went around telling everyone he was Luke Skywalker.
He took his role as a Jedi very seriously and refused to smile for any pictures. (He was quite into posing though).
Kitty liked being Princess "Arreya"
She did come home from her preschool celebration looking a little bit more like Darth Maul though. Fortunately, she let me wipe it off before she went trick-or-treating.
This little girl really got into the trick-or-treating experience. Long after the other two were done and sorting through their loot, she was still out on the streets. I kept asking if she was done and she would say no and carry on. I finally had to point out that most of the lights were out and it was time to go home.
Monkey was the cutest little Yoda ever. She really liked her three fingered "monster"gloves.
She also quite enjoyed eating the spoils of her labor. If she had her way, she would have already finished off her, Tiger, and Kitty's treat stashes.
And for fun, here is the cake that I made for a friend who has a Halloween birthday.
 I was feeling a little candy corn inspiration for the inside. It was made with a white cake mix (half dyed yellow) and a Pumpkin cake mix. I layered it with a light cream cheese frosting and then covered the outside with the Wilton Buttercream icing.
It was quite tasty. I may have eaten more than I should. But that is usually the case:)

No comments:

Post a Comment