Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Spy (Noah's Ark)

In a never ending attempt to keep my children quiet during church I made them an I Spy bag. Hopefully it works.
There is a pocket on the back to hold the picture card, but my camera failed me in my attempt to document it. Which might actually be better. I made it out of the same felt as the background, but if I was to do it over again, I think I would use the clear plastic instead.
Now how to make your own you wonder. Very simple. You get the plastic sheeting (Wal-Mart. I promise they don't sponsor my crafting, but they should). You take a scrap of felt. For this one, I cut out one sheet of plastic 5"x7", and two pieces of felt the same size. On one of the felt pieces I cut a "window" out leaving a 1" border. I then sewed it to the plastic. I actually just used my window piece of felt and sewed it on the back of the other piece of felt to make a pocket (note: use plastic instead so that the pictures will be visible). Then I sewed the two pieces of fabric together (right sides together), leaving an opening with which to turn the fabric out and fill with plastic bead things. I also sewed a strip of ribbon in to attach a picture card. For the card, I took pictures of some buttons, pulled them into Word where I created a card, printed them off on photo paper twice, and laminated two pictures back to back. I punched a hole and ran the ribbon thru and sewed it closed. The bag a I filled with the beads (these I found at Jo-Ann's in the doll stuffing section. Not the main section with stuffing and foam, but the crafting section.) and slip stitched closed. Because I had extra buttons, I sewed the ark on the outside for extra decoration. I also put a turtle on my ribbon (before I sewed it up) just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment