Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pretty in Purple

The Small Fry was having trouble with her dresses- she was getting bigger and they were getting smaller. For a girl who could live 24/7 in a dress, this was a travesty. In a less than brilliant move, Mom took her to Walmart to pick out fabric. Small children and Walmart (especially when you have to wait forever for someone to be paged three times to the fabric counter to cut) are not a good combination. Fortunately, we all survived. I am claiming success because her big brother told her she was a "princess" (I didn't even know he knew that word). He also gave her a kiss. I think that is a first.
This would be the Butterick 3350, view E dress. I did add the middle bow, sort of. The pattern called for ties in the back out of the same fabric as the body of the dress. I merely made them out of the accent fabric and added a front stripe.

1 comment: