Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

27 Dresses (ok, not quite that many)

It started with a dress much like this one. My brother-in-law is getting married in another month, and I made a dress like the one pictured above (just a fraction of a shade darker) for my sister-in-law. I had a friend who had two daughters (and a son) getting baptized and we decided to make dresses for their special occasion. The oldest girl liked the bridesmaid dress so we made her this one. Simplicity 2498 view D in case you were wondering.
For the younger sister we went with this version, Butterick 3351, a combination of C and D.
That night I got a call from another friend who was looking for someone to sew a bridesmaid's dress for her friend's daughter because the other friend's friend's son was pulling off a three week engagement. I was able to get this dress done in a day (New Look 6909 view E), but it ended up being too small. Fortunately it fit the bride's sister, but that still left another dress to sew.
The final dress, minus the silver tie.
Now I just have left another bridesmaid dress like the one on top, a flower girl dress, and a smallish fry dress.

1 comment: