Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Oreo Truffles

Rich, tasty, and oh so easy. How easy you ask? Let me tell you. Take one bag of Oreo cookies and smash into crumbs (and I promise to not tell if not all of the Oreos get smashed if you don't tell either), stir in one 8 oz. block of cream cheese, roll into balls, and dip in chocolate. I like to use the candy melts, and on the ones pictured I drizzled them with more candy melts. They look a little Halloweenish, but that was the color I had at the time. As I was making them I thought they would make a great cake pop substitute if they were just put on a stick. Then you could have a tasty cake pop. I did add the extra step of putting the balls in the freezer for a little bit before I dipped them in the chocolate to see if that helped with the dipping, but I have done it without the freezing as well and I didn't notice much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment