Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Portable Doll House

 Kitty was invited to a birthday party (four year-old girl). While I was debating what to make, I remembered this dollhouse that I had seen here. I have been wanting to make one ever since and figured this was the perfect excuse. I am going to admit, it isn't my favorite work. I was very disappointed in how my project turned out. When I have a little time later, I think I shall try again.
 The tutorial is found here. It is pretty good for getting the pieces of plastic canvas, but leaves much room for interpretation on the fabric pieces. I made a guess (I went with a 1" buffer on each side- I shall try .75" next time), and think it was a little too big- My house ended up more puffy than I wanted.
 Next time I think I will also double up the plastic canvas pieces and have two in each side- it just seemed a little flimsy to me.
My husband assures me that the little girl will still love it, and since the party is today and I don't have time to do anything else, I hope he is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment