Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Where has the time gone?

  The last several years seem to have just flown by. Particularly the last month. It has been a busy one. What have I been up to you ask? Well, for starters there were Christmas presents to be made. If I was better about getting them done before the last minute I would have more pictures to post. I did get a picture of this crayon roll I made my niece.

Since we were further up north where it actually snows, a snowman was also made (I confess, it was mostly Tiger and my husband, with a little help from Kitty- I stayed inside).
As soon as we got back, Kevin and I were a Ma and Pa for the Trek in our stake. I sewed a couple of dresses for that (someday I shall get the pictures of those, but none were on my camera). However, the stake hosted a family trek activity on Saturday. That morning I made Kitty and Monkey bonnets and matching skirts. The aprons were the ones they wore in a pilgrim and Indian themed extended family photo (sorry- I don't have the copyright to those pictures). They were cute little pioneer girls.
Since then, I have been focusing on the Pinewood Derby, which is rapidly approaching. So far, I have:
Clipboards (I spray painted the tops of cheap wood ones red, then ran a strip of duct tape along the bottom, and covered the back with contact paper) 
 Signs: I spray painted thin canvas boards, ran a strip of duct tape, and used my new Silhouette (my husband loves me and got me one for Christmas) to cut out vinyl lettering.
 I also made some bean bags with some scraps of fabric for a bean bag toss.
There is still much left to do, so pardon me if I disappear for a while again.

No comments:

Post a Comment