Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

The lazy way to do a cake

Tiger had a birthday a little bit ago. I confess, with all the pack meeting planning I had been doing (basically, I think being Cubmaster means hosting a party every month), I was not looking to put on a production like last year. So I asked Tiger if he would rather have a party with friends or just go to Chuck-E-Cheese. I was not disappointed when he said Chuck-E-Cheese. Since I was taking the day off, I really went all out. As in, I ran into Walmart half an hour before we were leaving to go Chuck-E-Cheese to see if I could find something that would do for a cake. I found some cupcakes on the day old rack that were just the right shade of blue (would you believe that these started out with what I think were Twilight character rings). I tossed the rings in the trash (sorry- I haven't gotten into vampire romance novels yet) and made it more fitting for a 6 year-old boy. Said boy was going for the most eclectic birthday ever. He said he wanted a Batman-Scooby Doo-Superhero birthday. 
The cake says "Freeze Tiger- it's your birthday!"
And for his school class he wanted "Earth" cupcakes.
It pays to befriend the lunch ladies- they made him cupcakes for his birthday too. (He really loves them- to the point that we were walking into Walmart one day and he was insistent that he go hug this lady that was coming out- turns out she was his lunch lady and he hugs her everyday at school).  
 I think the day went well. I got the day off, and Tiger had a great time at Chuck-E-Cheese.
 (Batman cake, Scooby tablecloth, superhero napkins- I delivered).
Kitty was actually a better driver than Tiger.
 How is that for three generations? Tiger, Dad, and Grandpa (he and Grandma drove out to celebrate the day with us. Tiger was very excited about that).

No comments:

Post a Comment