Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day for the Little Mom

Kitty loves babies. The stuffed variety are her favorite. Her current favorite baby is a little stuffed Koala from Deseret Book that she calls "Kawana" (think 4 year-old trying to say Koala). Friday, I had a super productive cleaning morning, and by afternoon was looking for a fun non-cleaning project. It started out with a little bed made out of scraps of wood (plans here). (If I was going to make it again, I think I would add 2" to the width. It is fine as is, but I think the 2" would be nicer).
 Then came a mattress,
 and a fitted sheet and pillow,
 and a semi-fitted flat sheet,
 and a blanket. Of course, Kawana then needed a nightgown to wear to bed.
 Sleep well, little marsupial.
 Today, the little mother got a diaper bag from Butterick pattern 5304 (view F). I have had way too much fun. And I got a very big hug and "thank you" from a sweet little girl (I am sure that Kawana is happy too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment