Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Frozen! (the Prequel)

Kitty is in love with the movie Frozen. I can't blame her, I love it too! (As does the rest of the world). She has already picked it as her birthday party theme- in October. Since October is a long time away, and there are so many wonderful ideas available online, when the movie came out, I decided to surprise her with a Frozen Movie night. It started out with a scavenger hunt to find the movie. Once the movie was found we went outside for some pizza and snacks.
 For drinks, I mixed Hawaiian Punch with sprite. I saw it posted on several Frozen Parties. When I went to the store there were two different shades of blue, so I got one of each. I printed off backdrops from the Official Movie Page to decorate the dispensers.
 There were so many ideas for snacks- I may have gone a little overboard.
 The ice shards were leftover from the cake (pictured below).
 True Love Kisses
 Marshmallow's Pops- just marshmallows dipped in white candy melts, some of them also dipped in blue sprinkles.
 Elsa's Whiteout Pizza and Anna's Peppy Pepperoni Pizza with Breadsticks. (Name ideas from here)
And the cake. I had to keep reminding Kitty that it wasn't her birthday yet. I attached my characters to candy melt wafers to keep them from sinking in the frosting- it worked great.
Bonus: a friend created this water bottle label. I wrapped it around Crayola Berry Flavored water (and then spray painted the lid blue cause the yellow was standing out a bit much for me). It was a lot less ink intensive than some of the other labels you can find online. Like it? Download it here.

2 comments:

  1. sugar- condensed sugar. The recipe is on the same page as the cake instructions. I've included the link.

    ReplyDelete