Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Hogwarts (part 2)

I finally got more of the pictures from the Hogwarts Blue & Gold.
It is always difficult to know what is appropriate to post for the public to view. I tried to find pictures that the boys were either blurry or not showing their faces. If I have posted your child, and you would prefer I didn't, please let me know and I will remove the picture.

My own children I have no problems posting. Just don't mess with Hermione Kitty there. She looks like she knows a few spells and won't hesitate to use them.
 These are the ties that the boys got at Madam Malkin's. They got their pictures taken, and those pictures were printed and posted on the papers you see off to the side there.
 This is the Goblet of Fire. My mother-in-law was the creative genius behind this one. The boys wrote their names on slips of paper in their house colors so that a name could be drawn from each house for each tournament, and so every boy could have a chance to participate.
 The lady who designed the Honeydukes Sweet Shop is a professional graphic designer. She did an amazing job.
    In case you were wondering if I was ever going to post a picture of me as Rita Skeeter, your waiting has come to an end. What you can't see are the fishnet stockings I was wearing. Ludo would not give me an interview (something about being burned by my acid pen years before). Ludo may also be my brother-in-law.
 Professor Trelawney was telling fortunes.
This is what the great hall looked like. The boys were doing their opening flag ceremony. The flag was in the bubbling cauldron in the center there.
 Professor Dumbledore with the Goblet of Fire. Can I just say that I have amazing in-laws?
 The Care of Magical Creatures hunt, in action. Points for every creature picked up, negative points if that creature was a snake.
 Ollivander was passing out wands- the wand chose the wizard (it may have had something to do with which house they were in).
 Tom took the day off at the Leaky Cauldron, but his assistant did an excellent job making sure everyone's thirst was quenched.
 
 Dragon Slaying with javelins. Throw the pool noodle to see how many dragons you can knock over. The pvc on the bottom makes it easy to set them all up again.
 This activity required the boys to catch the golden snitch with their mouths, just like Harry caught his first snitch. The wings are candy melts that have been inserted into vanilla sandwich cookies.
The final results- Gryfindor and Slytherin tied. (I think they did a paper rock scissors contest to determine Slytherin the winner). Behind you can see part of the obstacle course.
Professor Trelawney, Ludo Bagman, Professor McGonagall, Professor Dumbledore, and Rita Skeeter.
It was a fun and memorable Pack Meeting. I am glad that I got to participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment