Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Something New

One of my sisters has been reminding me that it has been a few months since I last posted. She is right. I have been busy. So for her- something new to view:
 September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Since my mother-in-law's "theme" this year is "Life is a Celebration," I decided that we should have a spontaneous Pirate Party. By the time the kids got off the bus I was practically ready for them (and they helped with the finishing touches).
 We dressed up,
 ate some fish,
 and more fish,
 and drank some fish (ice cube tray from the 99Cent Only Store).
 Hot dog pirate ships rounded out our nutritious menu. After dinner we watched Blackbeard's Ghost. The kids had fun. The decorations may still be up. It is close enough to Halloween to get away with such activities.

For a sample of many other things that I have been up to, I recently became the Cubmaster for our son's Pack (he is a new Tiger Cub and LOVING finally being a scout). This week is our first pack meeting, so before the last den meeting I decided to send home little invitations for all the boys. I have 46 boys in my pack, so I was trying to find something that wouldn't take too long, and that I wouldn't have to go to the store for. I have a Secret Agent theme planned for the night, so I made them some top secret mission briefing folders.
 I cut a regular file folder into quarters to make mini folders, and ran them through my printer to get the Top Secret Stamp.
Inside I had the message and secret code. I modified the CIA logo to make it say Cub Scout Intelligence Agency. They turned out well, and the boys liked them. Now to finish getting ready for the rest of pack meeting...

No comments:

Post a Comment