Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Mummmmmmy!

{Potentially} Inexpensive Halloween Decorating Idea #10
I know, it is a little after Halloween, but I have excuses. First, the memory card in my camera went bad (I suspect small child involvement). Then I realized that I needed to be focusing on Halloween costumes. While I was working on those, I received word that my Grandmother was in the hospital and not doing well, so I packed up the kids and went to see her one last time and attend her funeral (I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation- if you want more info on that please see Mormon.org). I got back home with only a couple of days to try and finish Halloween costumes. So much for my grandiose plans. So without further ado, one of my favorite Halloween crafts- the mummy tissue box. Michael's sells an unfinished wood tissue box for $3.99 and you can use a coupon on it (40% off is nice). I painted it white, glued some large googly eyes on, and wrapped a bandage around it (I confess, it isn't glued or anything, just wrapped around). Then I simply filled with tissues and restocked as needed (which between runny noses and everything else was more frequent then I care to admit). I had so many other ideas for tissue boxes, that I had to narrow it down to this one. I though about Frankenstein (paint green, add felt hair to top, perhaps some silver knobs on the side), spiders (paint spiderwebs all over box and glue on plastic spiders), pumpkins (paint orange and add a short bit of branch for a stem on top. Wrap with ribbon or paint stripes. Can put a face on or not), or just silhouetting a Halloween scene on the sides. Happy (late) Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment