Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

A Tangled Halloween


(really bad picture, but the best we got of everyone together that night) 
Much cuter family portrait from Sears (Yes we have the copyright)
I admit- I am one of those mother's who likes to dress the family in a theme for Halloween. Since my husband likes me, my son is developmentally delayed (PDD-NOS not so specifically) and hasn't expressed an opinion otherwise, my oldest daughter has been diagnosed with Autism and doesn't say much either, and the little one is just one and thinking about talking, I can get away with it. :) We shall see how long that lasts. Because the middle fry likes to dance to Tangled, that was the theme this year. And when we go to get a family picture, I shall try to get good photos of her and her brother. Meanwhile, you can enjoy the little chameleon Pascal, who was adorable and knew it. I used the Simplicity 2792 view c pattern (yes, it is the same one that I modified last year so she could be Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon) and modified it by adding a tail (sorry, I made that up myself- just make a big spiral), ric rac down the back and top, and some styrofoam balls cut in half and covered with felt for the eyes. I also added a couple of "hands" to the sleeve cuffs that just hung over her hands. For her trick-or-treat bag I turned a McDonald's kids meal bucket into a flower pot. She had lots of fun.
How to get lots of candy
(Just for fun, because I realized this blog didn't exist last year, here is the best non-professional (aka copyrighted) family photo we got for How to Train Your Dragon Halloween 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment