Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Thomas the Train, Girl Style

The middle fry had a birthday, and I was once again at a loss of what to do. So, I took her older brother to the party aisle at Walmart and let him choose. He lingered over Tangled, but then he saw Thomas and that was the end of that (in his defense, I also took the birthday girl to the same aisle. She also lingered over Tangled, but when she saw the trains she yelled "Thomas"). After much thought, I decided I would make a train cake. I had a friend with a pan, how hard could it be, right? Then I found out the train cake pan wasn't very good at thoroughly cooking the cake. So then I thought I would make a cake and top it with three rice crispy trains. That would be cool I thought. So I baked some cakes (several- I used a cookie sheet to make a sheet cake to get something large enough and stacked two of them to get the height), and made my rice crispy trains. That is where I ran into problems. I must have not let them sit long enough, cause my train was melting and falling apart as I decorated it. I ended up just doing one train that I kept refrigerated as much as possible so it would stay hard (That is Molly, in case you were wondering. I enlisted my husband's help to look up and print off a face and laminate it for the front. He is wonderful and obliged me). Happy Birthday to a sweet little princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment