Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Shoe Bench!

I'm a firm believer that if you have places to put things it's easier to clean up. I saw this idea for turning a bookshelf on it's side and upholstering a board to set on top at http://iheartorganizing.blogspot.com/2010/01/iheart-my-home-home-tour.html. Hers is in a playroom, but I thought it would be an awesome idea to have one for shoes because then you even have a place to sit down to put on your shoes. So when my husband asked what he could make for me, I told him he could make me a shoe bench (or 2 or 3 for different entryways). He used some oak milled from the family farm and we got 2" nu foam and upholstery material from Jo-Ann, plus fabric bins from Target in the kids favorite colors and viola! One for each member of the family to keep their own shoes in, plus adds some extra seating in my living room.
In case you can't tell, I'm a big fan of the cubes and of having places to put things.

No comments:

Post a Comment