Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Boo-tiful Bow Canvas

I admit, I wasn't able to wait until October 1st to start pulling out the Halloween decorations. I tried. Maybe next year (but I doubt it). Last night I pulled out all the Halloween clothes (yes, my children and I wear orange and black for a whole month. The husband still has some sense of decorum and is normal, but the rest of us enjoy the month to its fullest). With cute clothing, the girls need cute ribbons and bows. Cute ribbons and bows need a proper place to be displayed. Fortunately I recognized this a few months back and made this display. I took a 12x12 canvas that I had lying around (I don't remember why I originally purchased it. I am sure there was a reason), and painted it black. Then I modge podged a sheet of Halloween scrapbooking paper on it. Then I took ribbon and wrapped around in a random pattern (and secured them just to the back). Now I can keep the Halloween hair clips and bows separate from the rest (with plenty of room to grow).

Work in Progress:
I want to make a countdown calendar (inspiration from a friend, pattern here). How do you like my first attempt?

No comments:

Post a Comment