Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cub Scout On Time Board

At the beginning of the year, we moved all of the Cub Scout dens to the church. The parents wanted a centralized location to drop off children, which is understandable. What I don't understand however, is that since we have done this, the boys have started showing up later and later. When you only have an hour, this can be a problem. In an attempt to stop this trend, I asked my husband to make me a way to track and reward punctuality, and preparedness. I gave him a few thoughts, and he more than delivered. He is AMAZING!
 He cut out a board and drilled holes in it. In the holes he inserted skewers cut to size. On top are 1/4" dowel pieces with a hole drilled in them. (The names I printed with my labeler, the Be Prepared and other writing was cut with my Silhouette).
 Here is the most amazing part- there is no glue holding this together, but everything stays in place even upside down.
Yet the caps are easily removable to add more beads.
Hopefully it works. I am going to give the boy(s) with the most beads a prize at the next pack meeting. Which should be fun- it is our Baloo & Gold Banquet this month. So much to do still, and so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment