Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Mice

My son's first grade Valentine party was today and as the Room Mother I wanted to come up with a fun Valentine's craft.  I knew I had seen mice made out of Hershey's Kisses with hearts for ears before, but as I was shopping for supplies and not being able to find what I wanted we decided to improvise and my son wanted to make the mouse edible.  So here is what we came up with:


The eyes are NOT edible! We used frosting to hold everything together.  The bottom is a large Conversation Heart, the face is a Hershey's Kiss, the eyes are googly eyes, the ears are small Conversation Hearts, the body is a Whopper, and the tail is a Pull-a-Part Twizzler.  It was super cute and I had all the kids make one to give to their teacher so she could have a basket full of mice to take home.


1 comment: