Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

More Dresses

For the brother-in-law's wedding, I made the small fries' dresses. The smallest fry was modeling Simplicity 3509 view B. I love that this pattern has the diaper cover pattern. Since neither girl has any concept of modesty yet, it is nice to at least have their diapers match their dresses. I am kind of silly that way.
Here is the back view of the medium fry in Butterick 4967 view C with sleeves added. She liked being a princess. Technically, she was the flower girl, but her sole function was to look cute. That she did very well.
This is the front view of the dress. The medium fry and the big fry were having fun climbing on the building. He started out in a vest and tie. They didn't last long after the group picture.
Fortunately my mother-in-law found his vest on Ebay so that I didn't have to sew one, and his tie he inherited from his uncle who outgrew it. Random side note- that tie was present at every one of the three married siblings' weddings. Royal blue is a good wedding color I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment