Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Why couldn't he have said "Follow the Butterflies"?

Inexpensive Halloween decorating idea #1:This cheap crafting idea came from here. I like the Harry Potter version of spiders all walking in a row, but it works well with random spiders everywhere. I happened to have plastic spider rings, magnets, and a hot glue gun on hand. A few minutes later I had an impressive collection of magnets. The small fry really like them as well. Needless to say they have changed paths quite a few times already, and taken over my fridge, dishwasher, and any other magnetic surface my children can find.
Basic instructions if you don't want to follow the link: take spider rings (mine I had purchased last year on 75% off Halloween clearance, but for a buck or two you could buy some before the season is over if you want. I understand the dollar store probably has some), magnets (these are craft room staples- for less than $1 at Walmart you can get them in the kids craft section. I like the strip ones because they actually have a stronger magnet than the round ones), and a hot glue gun. Cut the ring part off the spider. Cut the magnet into little pieces (I did mine about the size of my spiders' body and that was sufficient to hold them up- test one first if you are not sure about your magnet strength). Hot glue together. Play. It is as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment