Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Halloween Menu Board

{Potentially} Inexpensive Halloween Decoration Idea #3
I liked the menu board I made a while ago, but it was not going so well with my Halloween theme. Hence, a Halloween Menu board. I say potentially inexpensive, because you can use whatever you have lying around the house, or you can go to the store and spend as much money as you would like (provided you have the money to spend). If you have a frame you are not using you can recycle it for spookier purposes.
I started this project in Microsoft Word. I knew I was going to be using a 8 1/2" x 11" frame so I just used the whole sheet. If the frame you have is 8" x 10", just size your document accordingly. I typed in the Weekly Menu heading and followed it with the days of the week, leaving space in between each day to post that day's menu. I wanted a more Halloween font. I ended up using one of the ones that came with the free party kit I used to make the banner. I added some clip art, and printed it out on orange paper. You could use any color or pattern paper that you want, provided you can see what you write on it. I know my black dry erase marker will work just fine with orange so that is what I used.
Next, get a frame for your paper. Mine was already black so I didn't have to paint it. I wrapped black fun fur yarn around the outside edges and tacked in place with hot glue. Then I added different size googly eyes around the edges. Needless to say, you can paint yours whatever color you want. Use whatever decorating items you want. Make it yours and enjoy!
Alternate ideas:
*Paint frame white (orange or purple might even work). Draw or paint spider webs (if using darker color for frame, use a light color or white for webs). Glue plastic spiders to frame. Could even dangle a few spiders on strings.
*Paint frame orange. Paint wooden block or dowel brown, or use a twig to glue on top for stem. Tie festive ribbon around pumpkin stem. (Use orange paper for menu. Could even draw some curved lines on paper to make it look more like a pumpkin)

No comments:

Post a Comment