Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

For a Super Saturday activity next month, I am in charge of coming up with some Crock Pot recipes that are tried and true. I figure that means I get to test out a bunch of recipes, right? This one was submitted by a member in the ward. 
Her Recipe:
Crock Pot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken

4-6 Boneless Chicken Breasts 
1 Bottle of BBQ sauce
1 20oz. can Pineapple Chunks, drained

Spray the inside of your crock pot with cooking spray for an easy cleanup!  Place frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and cover with sauce.  Empty can of drained pineapple chunks on top.  Cook on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-6 hours.  Shred chicken with two forks while still in the crock pot so the chicken will be well coated with sauce.  Serve over rice. 


What I did:
I used a little more chicken. I think I had at least 7 breasts, but the rest of the ingredients I left the same. I cooked mine on low for about six hours, shredded it, and cooked it on low for another two- simply because that is when dinner was. It would have been ready to eat earlier. The family all liked it, and we had lots of leftovers for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment