Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Crock Pot Italian Chicken

Yesterday's crock pot meal was a very tasty shredded Italian Chicken. 

The Recipe:
1-2 lbs. Chicken
Italian Dressing Packet
up to (but not more than) 1 cube Butter
Put in crock pot and cook till cooked through and easy  to shred. Take two forks and shred. Add:
8 oz. Cream Cheese (not the fat free kind)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Milk to desired consistency
Serve over pasta (Penne, Fettuccine, Linguine are fun)

What I did:
Once again, I wanted leftovers, so I used 3 lbs. of chicken with one packet of Italian dressing and the whole cube of butter. I put mine in the crock pot on low for about 4 hours, and then shredded it because it was cooked, even though dinner wasn't for another two hours (it was very tasty at this point too). I added the cream cheese and 2 cans of Cream of Chicken and mixed it all up. I completely spaced the milk so mine was fairly thick. I left in in the crock pot on low for another two hours, before serving it over penne pasta. I think it would work just as well on rice or potatoes. It was very yummy, but also very rich, so I have even more left overs than I thought I would.

2 comments:

  1. how come it looks like mashed potatoes on pasta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right- it does. It was a very creamy sauce with shredded chicken. I think it would work great as gravy on potatoes too.

    ReplyDelete