Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Lego Playmat

It was time for another birthday party- this one was for a little boy who likes Legos. So I made him a Lego Playmat, using the same idea as the car playmat the other day. I left the inside blank this time, to be more accommodating of Lego Creativity.
 I was looking for Lego-esque fabric. These robots where the best I could come up with.
 This time I went with a wider bias tape around the edge, and a larger grommet hole with a silkier cord. It worked much better.
When I went to wrap it, I realized that I didn't have anything suitable, so I made a Lego head jar instead. I took a jar (this one formerly contained Target brand Monster Trail Mix) and wrapped it with yellow streamers (I had coated the jar first in spray mount. I then applied a liberal amount of Modge Podge and let it dry. I cut out the face from scraps of leftover black vinyl. The lid I glued yellow ribbon around the edge, and yellow cardstock on the top. I wrapped another ribbon around it to finish things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment