Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mango Salsa

While planning my son's pirate birthday party, I was looking for pirate-esque foods. I thought that Mango Salsa sounded nice and tropical and therefore pirate-y. Fortunately for me, that very week mangoes went on sale, and the Fry's (Smith's, Kroger) ad had a recipe for Quick-N-Easy Mango Salsa. It turned out to be quite tasty (warning- I made it a few hours before the party and thought it was just right. However, the next afternoon I tried another bite and it had really kicked up a notch. I like my salsa mild. If you prefer it hot, just give it an extra day). I doubled the batch, which turned out to be a good amount.

Quick-N-Easy Mango Salsa
1 mango- peeled, seeded, and chopped
1/4 cup red bell peppers, finely chopped
1 green onion, chopped
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 fresh jalapeno chili pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice

In a medium bowl, mix mango, red bell pepper, green onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, and lemon juice. Cover and allow to sit at least 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment