Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Penny wanted pink penguins...

And she got them. I'm sure Scott really wanted pink penguins for his birthday too. I uploaded the pictures backwards, so you get to see the not-so-great cupcakes first. Voila.


These ones are the "extra" cupcakes. In other words, when I got too lazy and ran out of time for the actual penguins, I used my leftover yellow frosting to put simple designs on the remaining cupcakes.

Here is the full picture of the penguins surrounding the "ice." Due to miscommunication, I found that we didn't have any Swedish fish (contrary to my father's previous assurances). I ended up putting some pink starbursts in the microwave for a few seconds and shaping them into fish with my fingers. The ice is leftover cookies with blue sprinkles.

This is a close-up shot of the actual penguins. Oh the marvels of sugar cookies, food coloring, frosting, chocolate chips, and starbursts. Who would have thought? I couldn't really say how to replicate these cupcakes though, as I pretty much made it up as I went. However, I did see a picture online to get an basic idea. I hope they were well received, but I didn't actually get to see her reaction at the birthday party.

2 comments:

  1. I love them! I think they turned out pretty good. I think pink fish work better than the red ones would have too, so I am glad Dad was out of Swedish Fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were very well received by everyone. And tasty too!

    ReplyDelete