Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Floofy Cake

I was at the store, quickly looking for food for a get-together that I planned at the last minute, and I ran in a friend who told me about an easy tasty dessert that she had made the day before. The best part- it was only two ingredients- an angel food cake mix and a can of pie filling. Mix them together and pour in an ungreased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 F for about 30 minutes. Top with whipped cream if desired.
It sounded easy enough and I already had an angel food cake mix, so I grabbed a can of whipped topping and a can of raspberry pie filling. For fun, when I got home from the store I googled the ingredients to see if I could find a more "official" looking recipe, so if you are interested in more pictures, click here
While I was throwing it together, it occurred to me that this would be a great dessert for food storage. Cake mix, cans of pie filling, and boxes of Dream Whip, and you are good to go for a quick, easy (did I mention only two ingredients- unless you are counting the topping, and then it is three, but still....) and very tasty dessert. I think it would even work out in a dutch oven if you wanted a slight change up from cobbler while camping.
This recipe is definitely a keeper.

4 comments:

  1. That's the cake we had at my Tupperware party. We made it in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my hamburger cooker. actually I think it's called the tupperwave stack cooker. you mix up your cake mix and pie filling, pour it in and cook it in the microwave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So how long does it cook for? I need to get me one of those stacker thingies.

      Delete