Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Epic Organizer

My husband (and mother and father and brother and sister and brother-in-law and cousins and uncle) will be competing in an Epic Relay in a couple of weeks. Just think 12 runners, 2 vans, and 205+ miles from Cache County Utah to Jackson Hole Wyoming. They did this race last year and it was AMAZING! Unfortunately, last year we didn't do a very good job prepping for the race- the night before we were up late, didn't really have things packed, and my husband came down with a nice cold (I know, great for running 20+ miles- he would have tested positive for lots and lots of cold medicine and cough drops). I was volunteering at the start and ended up leaving the house planning to come back and get ready, but ended up not. Let me just say I don't recommend sleeping in contacts.
This year I am determined to be more organized. As such, I made my husband this car organizer so that he can have the things he is most likely to need right at his fingertips without taking up much space in the van.
I know, it is hard to see in the photo, so I shall describe. At the very top in an elastic enclosed strap is some chapstick. Along the top row is a loop for a pen, and pouches for a phone, camera, gum and breath mints, Cliff Bars, and some chocolate dusted almonds. On the far side is another loop for the sunglasses. The middle row has pockets for his wallet, allergy medicine and ibuprofen, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and blister stuff and band-aids. The bottom row includes Fabreze (extra strength- very important), tissues, head lamp, and baby wipes. It is even harder to see in the picture, but that little bit of white poking out by the pen is a pocket on the back that holds the leg maps.
I made it up as I went along, and I just used things that I already had on hand (if you know my husband, you know that his favorite gifts are ones that don't cost anything- that is why my bias tape is different colors). Hopefully it works out well for the race.

1 comment: