Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Long Time Ago...

A long time ago (a few weeks at least), in a galaxy right here, we decided to go with a Star Wars theme for our family Halloween costumes this year. This may have involved Mom needing to watch some movies so that she knew what was going on. But now that I am all caught up:)...
I have procrastinated working on their costumes until yesterday. While I was making the beaver hat for Kevin, I had the thought that I could adapt the pattern slightly and make Kitty a nice wig with some instant side buns.
 I finished it after she had already gone to bed and resisted the urge to wake a sleeping child. This morning she found it and knew it was hers and had to put it on. She can't wait to be "Princess Arayah" (those darn L's are so hard to say when you are little).
This hat is actually quite warm. It is too bad we don't live somewhere cooler- this would be the perfect answer to how to stay warm and still show off your Halloween costume.

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see the whole family dressed up for Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete