Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

If You Are Reading This...

I love Halloween. I think it is because there are so many fun ways to decorate. I'm too squeamish for bloody, gory decorations, but some good clean suspense is right up my alley- although I wouldn't like to be in that alley alone late at night.
The inspiration for this sign came from this pin. I made mine out of a 12" x 6" piece of MDF board. Actually, it started out as a 12" x 12" board, and I cut it in half. I was in a hurry, and didn't cut the straightest line in the world (insert sheepish grin), so then I tried to sand it nice and level. While I was trying to sand it nice and level, I realized it was for Halloween- the one holiday where it is better to be a little skewumpy. I put away the mouse sander and pulled out the dremel and added the detailing on the edges. After I had it the way I wanted it, I painted it black, then went to work with my Silhouette designing the lettering. I decided to use the Mulan font because it gave it just the right amount of skewumpitiness (I just completely made up that word). After my paint dried, I sanded the edges a bit and then applied my wording with some white vinyl. A quick coat of clear sealant, and I was done. I love how it looks on my piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment