Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

ER Visit

I am fairly confident that there is something wrong with my head. Yesterday, Kitty came to me in tears. Poor Kawana, her little stuffed friend, had sprung a stitch. Instead of doing what any normal person would, and pulling out a needle and thread to stitch her up, I remembered a cute doll doctor pattern I had seen online. I told Kitty that Kawana was going to have to go to the hospital, and I pulled out the needle and thread and looked up the tutorial (found here). Of course, what good is a doctor without a proper patient, so after I got Doctor Kierra all ready, I did a quick Google search for doll hospital gowns and found this one here. Then Kawana was ready to go into surgery.
I am pleased to report that the surgery to stitch Kawana back together went well and Dr. Kierra expects a full recovery. And Kitty loves the new play clothes. This makes me happy, because Kitty has been diagnosed with autism, and imaginative play is not one of her strong points. But since yesterday, she has spent a good while playing doctor. Definitely worth the time it took!

No comments:

Post a Comment