Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Girl's Night Out

I went with some friends to one of those ceramic places where you pick out a piece, paint it, give them all your money and they fire it, and you pick it up a week later. It is the kind of place I would have absolutely loved when I was a teenager, but as a cheapskate with small children I had a hard time picking a project. I could just see everything getting smashed into little tiny pieces. I finally decided that the light plate which screwed into the wall would have the hardest time getting broken. I was going to paint a train on it until I was shown the little ceramic train. I was trying to paint Thomas from memory (his wheels, it turns out, are blue). It was fun hanging out with friends and painting, but we won't tell the Thomas-loving fry that he could have had the plush Thomas pillow for what I spent on his light switch cover.

1 comment:

  1. I know how that goes (the money part). Way cute and I bet he loves it. You sure are busy. Send some energy my way.

    ReplyDelete