Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hand prints

While visiting Grandma once upon a time, the oldest fry had left a hand print on her window. She taped off the area and left it up until the tape deteriorated and it just had to be washed. So I thought I would make her some permanent hand prints for her fridge that she wouldn't have to worry about washing off. I started by enlisting my husband's help to get the hand prints. We just did them on white card stock. Since we were cutting out around them we didn't have to worry about placement, and had to redo a few hands twice. While the paint was drying, I looked up pictures of the kids to put in the middle. I printed those off and cut them out in circles. I also cut out a slightly larger circle to make a little frame around the picture. When the hands were dry, I cut them out and glued the pictures in the middle. Then I laminated them, cut them out again, and added a magnet. Viola! Permanent hand prints for the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment