Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pumpkin Jar Candles

Inexpensive Halloween Decoration Idea #4
These fun pumpkins started out life as jars that I raided my fridge and cupboards to find. They are also so easy a child could make them. I know, because mine did.
I started with clean jars.
I let my children paint the
 insides with orange paint.
After they were coated I cleaned
excess paint off the outside
and let them dry.
I added faces with scraps of vinyl I had
and added ribbon and fun fur yarn.
Add candles (I prefer the LED tea lights that won't burn the house down).
I have also seen variations of this idea that involve painting the outside of the jar, or using velum or tissue paper on the inside. If you don't have scraps of vinyl lying around you could use electrical tape, glue on cardstock or construction paper, or paint them on. The Disney Family Fun version involves taping the face on first, painting, and then carefully removing the tape to leave the face imprint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment