Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pirate Extravaganza- The Decorations

I didn't do a very good job of documenting everything for the pirate party, so I shall try to do my best to show you some of the decorations with what pictures I do have.
 Real pirates wear shades. And scowls. Behind them, you can see the treasure chest where the guests put the loot for Tiger.
 I quite liked how my serving counter backdrop turned out (inspiration came from here). Basically it is just dowels set in plaster of paris in cans spray painted black with some fabric hung from other dowels.
 Coincidentally, the week before the party, Tiger and Kitty had a pirate section at the preschool they attend. I mounted some of their artwork on some matching colored paper and laminated it.
 This anchor was inspired by a smaller version that came home in the kids' backpacks from preschool as well. I just made a bigger one (and laminated it because I could).
 I wanted to get some port holes so that it would look a little like being on a ship. This is where I was reminded once again of how technical my husband is. I asked his opinion on which waves to use and he started analyzing how water actually looks- even to the point of checking out google image searches. The backdrop is just a roll of the wrapping paper stuff from the dollar store. I took a sharpie and drew lines to make it look a little more like ship planks.
I liked how my wall treasure map lines turned out. They were super cheap- it is just red paper cut into 1"x2" rectangles (you know me- I laminated mine just because) and taped on the wall. It was time consuming, but I like how it looked.
I wrapped the line around the wall and ended it with a paper cross. The treasure chest on top there is just a cardboard box that I shaped like a chest and covered with some fabric.
pirate pennant - 100 feet long! great pirate party decoration!
It doesn't really show in the pictures that I took, but I ordered one set of these banners from Amazon and had them strung around the house. 100' went a long way and added a lot of decoration for less than $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment