Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Train Cozy

It is finally here! My pictures of the train cozy that I made for the small fry who is obsessed with trains- particularly Thomas Trains. It just took me a few weeks to find the camera and the camera cable at the same time.
It rolls up nicely to keep trains secured for travel. I made a scrunchy tie instead of ribbons because I didn't want to have to spend the rest of my life tying it back. The car one I made (perhaps someday I will post pictures of it) just tied. The small fry liked nothing more than to untie it and hand it to me to retie. This way he can do it himself.
The railroad ties are double fold bias tape that I used stitch witchery to fuse to the felt and then sewn around (yes, it took a while to sew around every single railroad tie). Ric Rac made a nice bendable track. The trees and pond were ideas I got from looking at pictures of car cozies.
Fortunately, GeoTracks and Thomas Trains play happily together.

1 comment: