Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tribute to Mom's Crafting Influence

Mom may think that she doesn't have a crafty bone in her body, but she did teach me how to make a quick blanket. When the Thomas obsessed Small Fry had to get six immunization shots and was not feeling his usual rambunctious self, I made him this Mom-inspired blanket with fabric I had lying around. It is very easy to make. Take two pieces of fabric and sew together (right sides together, leave an opening to turn. Turn it right-side out and sew around the edges. Sew a circle in the middle to keep it together. Mom uses a plate to draw the circle. I grabbed a big bowl cause it was closer. Done)
Did I mention he likes Thomas?

1 comment:

  1. Credit where credit is due. The real Grandma Burton (Gwen) made blankets for her (great) grandchildren this way. I helped her with Scotty and Sierra's blankets (she supervised, I sewed), so I learned her technique. I'm still straining my capabilities to tie knots around the edges of fleece blankets.

    ReplyDelete