Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Harry Potter Fun

A good friend was hosting a Harry Potter themed birthday for her son. I begged to help and she let me. The guest list included a range of children so we started off by sewing cloaks for all the kids.Years ago I found a pattern on-line for a chocolate frog box (google it today and there are even more options)
Amazon provided me with the perfect chocolate frog mold (it is the CK 2" toad). Isn't he cute. Somewhere I had also picked up various chocolate frog cards, so I printed off some and folded them and put them under the frogs.
I also got to help set up for the party. I used a lot of the props that I had collected for my husband's Harry Potter birthday party months earlier (I was busy getting things ready that day so I didn't take any pictures. Sorry)
The day before the party I discovered the Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Jelly Bean Boxes (also a google search) and just had to make some. On the bottom there you can see the pumpkin pasties. (For most inspiration, google Britta Blvd Harry Potter and check out her party. It includes recipes and way more fun than one should be allowed. If I had more time and wasn't so cheap, I probably would have used her etsy site)
What Harry Potter party would be complete without Butterbeer and Pumpkin Juice. The butterbeer is a combination of the AP recipe and my mother-in-law's version. The pumpkin juice I made up from the ingredient list on the back of a pumpkin juice bottle from the park in Orlando (did I mention that my in-laws went and I am so very jealous?) Potions class was an ice cream sundae bar where the kids got to concoct their own ice cream potion using exciting ingredients like flobber worms and beozar stones. Salsa bowls that I found at Food City 3/$1 made the perfect "cauldrons".

When I get more time to do it properly, I will add the links and recipes. Until then, you can enjoy the few pictures. Most importantly, I think we accomplished the objective, which was to make a little boy feel very special on his birthday. Secondly, I got to have a lot of fun. I do love a Harry Potter party.

(Another blog with lots of Harry Potter stuff)
(Britta Blvd)
(yet another link)

Some more fun sites I have found since:
Spell Books (she also has several other HP posts)
Platform 9 3/4 idea plus more (love the pics)

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness! this is so awesome!!! great job helping I bet is was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete