Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Pumpkin Juice

(I made this recipe up myself, based on the ingredients list on the back of the Pumpkin Juice bottle that my in-laws brought back from the park in Orlando. I have never actually tried the "real" pumpkin juice myself, so I cannot say how similar it is. That is my disclaimer.)
Pumpkin Juice

1 29oz. can pumpkin
1 can apricot nectar
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 cup sugar (optional)
approx. 3 quarts apple juice

Combine first six ingredients in a gallon size picture until well mixed. Add apple juice to make 1 gallon. Best served chilled. 
It separates, so I picked up two 1/2 gallon flagon things at, where else, Walmart. That way they can be shaken as needed. I used my Cricut and some brown vinyl to label them. The apricot nectar is simply there because apricot was on the ingredients list. I have also blended up canned apricots and added them in when I couldn't find the nectar (I discovered the nectar at Target the other day). You can also use canned pumpkin pie filling, just omit the sugar and spices. I have also made this the night before, but brought it to a boil to help dissolve the sugar and spices better, before chilling. My tasters thought it tasted just fine warm, but I preferred it cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment