Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Arachnophobia

Inexpensive Halloween Decoration Idea #7
My mother-in-law was the inspiration for these spiders. She is the queen of Cub Scouting and these are the spiders she has her cubs make for neckerchief slides. Each spider just needs one piper cleaner, one 1" pom pom, and two googly eyes.
Cut pipe cleaner into four equal sections
Fold each section in half, then bend ends to form "feet"
Hot glue onto 1" pom pom
Add eyes

There are many uses for big fuzzy spiders.You can run a string through them and hang them (I just tied the end of the string to paper clips. Christmas ornament hooks would work too). You can set them around the room in unexpected places. You can even line an alligator clip with black ribbon, glue on a spider, and make another hair clip. (To make neckerchief slide, glue spider to 1/4"-3/8" section of 1/2" PVC pipe).

Bonus: While I was making the hair clips I decided to make these bows as well. I basically used the tutorial here, but made my template 2" and glued plastic bats from some bat rings in the center.

No comments:

Post a Comment