Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Gone Batty (Window Silhouettes)

Inexpensive Halloween Decoration Idea #8
I wanted to decorate my windows a bit and decided that silhouettes would do the trick. I thought about using vinyl to make them, but decided that black cardstock would work just as well, if not better. I say better because they are easier to re position, come off for storage and reuse easier than peeling vinyl would have been, and it is cheaper. I ended up laminating them so they would be durable and reusable for many years, but it is not necessary. I choose bats, but any Halloween thing could work, like spiders (use a dry erase marker to make the web), rats, crows, or cats. I got the template for the bats I used here. It is really for a freezer paper stencil for a toddler tee shirt (which looks very cute and I plan to try it when I get a few more minutes; the wall bats are cool as well, but that is for another day). I just printed out the page and held it with black paper behind it to cut out the shapes. After laminating, I taped them in the window. Simple but cute.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! you are so creative and busy! I love all the stuff you put up. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete