Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Clippies

{Potentially} Inexpensive Halloween Decoration Idea #6
Today I decorated my daughter's head. I found a tutorial on pumpkin hair clips here, and modified it slightly for the supplies I had available. I already had alligator clips, orange, green, and brown ribbon in my stash. The clips I got at Sally's Beauty Supply, 100 for $6. They have been handy to have on hand.
Instead of grosgrain ribbon, I used 1/4" Spool of Ribbon stuff from Walmart that I think cost me all of $.41 however many years ago I bought it. For the green I only had 1/8" so I used that. I added an extra little wrap of orange ribbon around the stack where I had been gluing to hide all the little glue bits. I also changed the top stem to  a 1" folded over 1/8" piece of brown.


(Attempts to get a moving target to hold still)

No comments:

Post a Comment