Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Eek!

 Inexpensive Halloween Decoration Idea #5
My sister was the inspiration for this Halloween sign. Several years ago she gave me a similar sign that she had made at a Super Saturday event. I love it.
This is the original. It actually is two sided and on the reverse spells out "Joy" with a Christmas theme. So very cute, and so easy to make.
First, get three scraps of wood. A 2x4 works great. I just chopped it into three uneven pieces. If you wanted to spell something longer, like "Spooky" you would just cut out more blocks. I painted it black (with paint I had leftover from high school). When the black paint dried, I painted on cobwebs and spiders with metallic silver paint that I had (which was probably only four or five years old). I cut out vinyl letters with my Cricut, attached them, and was done. You could also Modge Podge Halloween paper on, or cut out letters in cardstock to attach to the boards if you don't have a paper cutting machine. Stickers would also work.

No comments:

Post a Comment