Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Welcome to Nursery

Today marks a momentous occasion- it was the first time since having children that all three were in Primary. Monkey now gets to attend nursery, and I get to listen to what the teachers are saying in Sunday School (If the previous sentences made no sense, consider it your introduction into LDS lingo and look up Mormon.org to find some missionaries in your area to explain them to you). To celebrate this transition, this morning I got up and made Monkey a new dress for her first day in nursery. The pattern I used is Simplicity 5695 View B. Thanks to a wonderful husband who got took care of everything else while I sewed, I was able to get it done in time for church. I even made a quick headband since she is still lacking in the hair department.
The headband I just made up. I cut a long strip of fabric 2" thick and sewed it into a long tube. After turning it right side out, a inserted some elastic (oh so technical measuring technique- I wrapped it around her head to see how big, and took a few inches off so it would hold but not be too tight). I sewed the elastic together so that it formed a circle, and then ran a stitch across the fabric to close it (confusing writing I know, but not a complicated step).
The picture I got was not the greatest. That is what happens when you allow your subject to wear the article of clothing for several hours before taking the picture. That and she was more interested in watching the movie behind me than getting her picture taken. In person, she was much more adorable.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I think I'll have to get that pattern, actually, I might already have it. I can't believe how quickly you can make things. I haven't even dared pull out my sewing machine for fear of how time consuming it would be.

    ReplyDelete