Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Confessions of a Slacker

I have a confession to make. I have a new nephew. OK, not so new- he is already over a month old (I have seen pictures- he is a cutie). And I was invited to the baby shower back in November. I have had the fabric since then (Tiger picked it out), but had a hard time getting going on this project. I finally decided that I was just going to have to do it. 
 Here is the nursing cover. I just used one that I have as a pattern outline. Basically it is just a rectangle of fabric with a strap that goes around the neck. There is some boning along the top edge so that Mom can see the baby, but nobody else can see what is under there. Simple, but oh so useful for the nursing mom. It also can double as a light blanket or a mat to set the baby on with a few toys.
 Here is the finished car seat cover. I think this is the reason it took so long for me to get around to this project. Originally, I was going to have some red fabric ruffled around the edges, but the red fabric I had just wasn't working for me. I also get a little intimidated when I have to actually measure things. Silly I know, but that is the way I work. I scrapped the red ruffle (boys don't like ruffles anyways, right?) and instead did an embroidery stitch that looked a little like stars around the edge. Now it is nice and manly (or as manly as something can get with blue hearts. The rocket ships counter balance those out). 
The inside view, with Elephant modeling. I used this tutorial for the measurements. Now my little nephew can be nice and cozy when he is out and about (since he does live in a colder climate then me).

No comments:

Post a Comment